We've had an Instagram crush on Lindsay at Sprinkles For Breakfast for quite some time. Her adorable aesthetic and easy to follow recipes make it hard not to fall in love with her work. So, we were thrilled when she created a special recipe just for us! Styled with our very own Muhanga Nesting Bowls, we introduce Birthday Cake Granola. Perfect for a late summer picnic, mid-week treat, or of course, a birthday!
As an added bonus, we're offering a 25% discount on our Muhanga Nesting Bowl Set through 8/27, using code PeopleWhoAreTogether25. This cooperative also happens to be the lovely makers of these baskets, and you can read more about their work here. But for now, enjoy the treats!
Birthday Cake Crumble
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons cake flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 tablespoon imitation vanilla extract
1 tablespoon of sprinkles
2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup canola oil
2 tablespoons imitation vanilla extract
3 tablespoons sprinkles
For the birthday cake crumbles
1. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper, and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine sugars, cake flour, baking powder, salt and sprinkles on low speed.
3. Stream in oil and imitation vanilla and turn the mixer to medium/high speed.
4. Let the mixer run until the mixture turns into small clusters (about 2 minutes).
5. Spread the mixture evenly on prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
6. Let the mixture cool for 8-10 minutes and then break the baked crumble into smaller pieces.
For the granola
1. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine oats and cinnamon and set sprinkles aside.
3. Add maple syrup, oil, and imitation vanilla extract to the oat mixture. Mix until the oats are fully coated.
4. Spread mixture evenly onto baking sheet and bake for 30- 35 minutes, stirring halfway through.
5. Take granola out and set on a cooling wrack until completely cool.
6. Once it is cool, add sprinkles and birthday cake crumble.